- The people implementing and managing practices in grantmaking are proven authorities in this work. They must connect the dots across knowledge, relationships, and systems to improve grantmaking decisions and design. PEAK Grantmaking is the only source of this critical expertise. We’re making philanthropy better by empowering you with the tools, skills, and connections to make better grants
- But that’s not all. Developing expertise requires more than educating people. It’s also about sharing that knowledge with others to achieve a collective greater goal. PEAK Grantmaking provides programs and opportunities to advance grants management professionals, including volunteer services, a program for emerging thought leaders, and a facilitated discussion in our online community.
- Join us for this part of the journey:
We know how you want to learn and where you want to learn, and we have created programming that is based in adult learning theory, observation, and member feedback. This includes testing for knowledge retention and the application of key practices, and stimulating a sense of confidence and competency in participating at a strategic level in the profession. The next phase of PEAK Grantmaking’s education work focuses on creating adaptive learners who not only deepen what they know but who also share that knowledge with others to achieve a greater goal—more effective grantmaking. We will do this by:
- Continuing to deliver extremely high-quality and relevant educational programming through the annual conference, workshops, webinars, regional chapters, and online courses, focusing on helping you apply what you learn to improve practices.
- Refining our education content so that it is designed specifically for the level of type of learning you need. We will be working quickly to fill any gaps in our content so that you can find everything you need to know to do your job.
- Building participation in Connect, our online community, where you can find answers to your most pressing questions, get advice from experienced professionals, and share your own knowledge and expertise.
- Expanding our Knowledge Base, which offers you hundreds of articles, reports, sample documents, and webinar recordings.
- Recognizing your existing and developing expertise through accolades. (e.g., digital badges, certificates of completion and participation)
- Connecting seasoned grants managers and influencers to early- to mid-career professionals through a coaching program designed to build the leadership skills of those with knowledge to share
Driving the Future Expertise in Effective Grantmaking
Grants management professionals increase their knowledge and take the lead in the evolving field.
The plan envisions building competency but also leaving “room for imagination and innovation” and becoming better stewards of knowledge and data in service of change. This exactly what I need to move our foundation forward and I’m thrilled to be starting another educational journey with the real experts in grantmaking practice.Jane Ward // Meyer Foundation